I don't think it is a matter of 'conceding'. No one challenges
anyone on their postings and words until now. It is not part of the "roolz".
If you desire to start a thread where the word must
be used a sentence that is a valid sentence then you are
free to do so. Proving anything to you is not a priority of
mine, nor does is affect my use of this thread. And it appears
a bit arrogant to me on your part.

There have been many words in the past six weeks that I cannot
find in any of my printed or online dictionaries.
But to keep you happy:

A huge cloud was mounting up the sky, and there were distant breathings of thunder.
Huxley, Aldous

The hearts of many throb at the very breathings of wealth through a flute, who would remain callous to the bitterest sighs of poverty.
Cooper, James Fenimore

Why not try, remembering, of course, to continue the same breathings, "I am Andrew Carnegie?"
Crothers, Samuel McChord

Her knowledge of divine things rapidly increased, and her earnest devotions seemed now to be the perpetual breathings of her soul.

Definitions

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
n. Plural form of breathing.
http://www.wordnik.com/words/breathings

When its last breathings from the warrior's throat

Poems: Descriptive, Dramatic, Legendary and Contemplative, by William Gilmore Simms, Esq. In Two Volumes: Vol. I. I. Norman Maurice, a Tragedy; II. Atalantis, a Tale of the Sea; III. Tales and Traditions of the South; IV. The City of the Silent

Wind there was none; for she vacillating and uncertain air which, from time to time, distended for an instant the lighter canvas of the vessel, deserved to be merely termed the breathings of a morning, which was breaking upon the main, soft, mild, and seemingly so bland as to impart to the ocean the placid character of a sleeping lake.

The Red Rover

In the intervals between the soft breathings, the air grew heavy and balmy with the perfume of flowers and the exhalations of fat, living soil.

THE BONES OF KAHEKILI

“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.”

“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart”

Write to Serve: Giving Deeper Purpose to Your Craft | Write to Done

Tonight, I decided to snatch an extra bit of Mother's Day, a few extra minutes of your shrinking little-girl-hood, an extra few breathings-in of your sweet skin.

Origen calls her worthy of God, immaculate of the immaculate, most complete sanctity, perfect justice, neither deceived by the persuasion of the serpent, nor infected with his poisonous breathings "Hom. i in diversa";

Archive 2009-08-01

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks Mom

Always a shock to remember them there, those great breathings close in the dark.

John Lundberg: Remembering Hayden Carruth

I see it not — I feel it not — it is but a shadowy name — a succession of breathings measured forth by night by the clank of a bell, by day by a shadow crossing along a dial-stone.

'the Talisman'

Last edited by LukeJavan8; 01/10/14 06:43 PM.

----please, draw me a sheep----