Briefly (yeah, right) on dear Mr. Fletcher... when I was growing up, my mother always made us sit there at the table and chew - we would take a bite, put down our forks or spoons or whatever, and she would count to make sure we had chewed each mouthful the required 32 times! Unfortunately, when I went away to college, I learned to shovel my food into my mouth and on my first trip home for a weekend visit, while I shoveled, my mother just sat there with her mouth open watching! "Where did you learn to eat like that?" she said in shock and amazement. "Why, in college," I replied and continued shoveling as fast as possible, eating everything on my plate before my mother had even finished chewing (32 times) her first bite!
In reply to:

But everybody has heard of his competitor nutritionist who gave his name to the graham cracker.

About Mr. Graham and his cracker - a personal note: when I was in kindergarten at the ripe old age of 5, I was put in charge of passing out the graham crackers at snack time. I very quickly learned that I could easily break them all in half (again, as they were already prepared to give us each half of the whole thing) and give actually only a fourth of a graham cracker to each child in the class, thereby saving all the rest for ME! Of course, at the time, I didn't know the adage "once on the lips, forever on the hips" and so today, all my problems are behind me!

suzanne pomeranz, tourism consultant jerusalem, israel - suztours@gmail.com