And, of course, you are the world famous sitar player!

Naah. Too much like hard work. Though on the other hand, like Chaplin, the old fellers been sprogging to a ripe age. Hmmm... kind of reminds of the lines from Paul Simon's "Duncan" (if I can remember them without Mondegreening too much):

"Oooh what a night
Oh what a garden of delight
Even now that sweet memory lingers
I was playing my guitar
Lying underneath the stars
Just thanking the lord for my fingers
For my fingers..."

Makes you think, dunnit?

The first names actually, are not shared with the sitarist since for him Shankar is his surname, whwereas it is merely my middle name. Coincidentally, though, a Ravi Shankar Shastri, if I'm not mistaken, was the Indian player of the '80s who equalled Sobers' 6 sixes in an over and still has the record for the fastest first-class double century, if I'm not mistaken.

But, no, there are no famous Ravi Nairs or Ravi Shankar Nairs, as far as I am aware. And my time is long past...

cheer

the sunshine warrior

ps. For anyone who has been to Max's little treasure-cave (idrive thingy or driveway thingy), the picture of me is vastly incomplete - there should be a nearly empty pint-glass of beer (alas weak Chicago stuff) in my hand (I'd had it for five seconds already - of course it would be nearly empty) and a cigarette in my other hand. And yes, that is a missing canine tooth: I had to give up my career as an haematophage after that incident - that'll learn me never to suck a rhino again!