Bill-- don't worry about swearing a bit--as the irish say-- sure there is nothing wrong with it-- and swearing has been in this world since God told the devil "go to hell!"

It's curious-- my parents would tolerate most of the standard 4 letter words-- but under no circumstances would your father utterance pass un remarked and un chastised-- it would have been considered taking the lords name in vain in our house-- and a mortal sin! where as s*** or f*** would just be venial sins!

i can and do use those words-- but since they are not professional, i don't use them often-- and since i have this sweet round face (along with a rolly polly body) and high sweet voice.. every one who doesn't know me well is shocked when they hear me use them!

On one occation some one used them at work, in front of me, and then was so embarassed-- I teased him, and told him i was a word maven, and could he please repeat it, I grew up in the bronx (short hand for tough neighborhoods) and had never heard the word before! When he realise i was not offended, and could joke about it, he apologised again, but relaxed. I accepted, since i agree with you, to some degree, Bill. these words are not alwasy appopriate everywhere!