the British use the term "High Tea" to mean that it is served on high tables, which is "supper" and not Low Tea or Afternoon tea, which is served on low tables I've never heard that! Thanks, and welcome aBoard, Dale.

Yes, this topic's been discussed before but it's always fun to see the new ones people've thought up. We just had one not long ago: chaise longue, which has appeared as chaise lounge in English for so long that even Miss Know-it-all wink didn't realise it was incorrect.