I am currently studying 8 seperate languages, and the one thing I've noticed is that some languages can express an idea SO much better than another one. While that does not say that one language is better than another, it does serve to show the opposite. Every language has its advantages.

Some languages have a beautiful sound (most romance languages), some have a very poetic translation (most languages of the Orient), and others just have an INTERESTING collection of sounds (the clicks and pops of some African tribes). To throw those out because of "industrialization" and constant technological growth is to say goodbye to the creative and wonderful part of this world.

Those who speak English RARELY turn to learn another language; that is to say, they feel that English is the only language of great importance. Imagine if everyone spoke English eventually. There would be no one with a DESIRE to learn a new language, and possibly (POSSIBLY, I emote) that could extend to the retarding of ANY creative productivity. Do we want an entire world of people arrogant and unaccepting of new ways? A new language system is one of the GREATEST ways to increase your vocabulary, mental perception, memory and logic process. I have no proof but I can't help but imagine that creativity of many inventions came from someone who knew an extra languages or two. If that IS the case, and someone wants to back me up (or even prove me wrong), I'd appreciate it. Think how much could NOT be created because we no longer have as useful a tool to increase our creativity.

My main argument is that language is culture. Were it not for various languages' characteristics -- phonetics and such -- the world would not be SEASONED. So I say "No" to a unified language. I think it will never naturally work. Look how far Esperanto got! And if we DID achieve a global language, I would definitely vote against English. Why, you ask? Well, my answer is simple. I dig Korean.

Daniel