Originally Posted By: Zed

In addition the original letter does say "While, I have to mention that she is girl of little obstinacy. When someone argue with her, she always stick to her ground. Besides this, she has good personality. "
Anyone receiving a reference letter like this will expect to see some mention of weaknesses as well as strengths, and this is a very minor one. In fact many university people will see it as a positive trait. I would translate this section as: "I must mention that she can be a little obstinate and holds her ground in an argument but otherwise has a good personality."

Just another viewpoint here on this matter. I would take "she is girl of little obstinacy" to mean that she is very rarely obstinate. This would suggest to me that the case of standing her ground in an argument was the only exception to her general lack of obstinacy. Zed's offering, to me, suggests that her obstinacy is a little more common and her standing her ground in an argument is just an example of this trait.

BTW, if you go with your original it should be "When someone argues with her, she always sticks to her ground."