A Gordian Knot (not) in relationships? I noticed that if you look in Random House Dictionary of the English Language, unabridged edition, interesting enough you will find the word in-ti-mate - defined as personal relations involving warm friendships, cozy, etc. is followed by the word
"intimate borrowing" - defined as the borrowing of linguistic forms by one language from another when both occupy a single geographical or cultural community;
(home, personal relationships, workplace, government, schools,)

which is then followed by "Intimations of Immortality" - (Ode Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood) a poem (1807) by Wordsworth;

which is followed by the word "in-time" - intimate; cozy: in-time conversation;

The word which follows "intime" is the word "intimidate" conversely meaning to make timid; inspire with fear, overawe or cow esp with a forceful personality or superior display of fluencey, fame wealth, etc.; to force into or deter from some action by inducing fear.

Can one be genuinely intimate within or form a loving, trusting, long lasting, fulfilling relationship or successfully communicate with another person, community or country when there is any form of serious, willfull intimidate(ing)? How many of us allow THIS Gordian knot to ensnare, ruin or sabatoge relation-ships. Soooo close in alpha order yet, so far apart. At times, I've done this myself. I also know that...

If one strives to eliminate the "intimidate" which breeds fear and anxiety from the intimate relationships we try to establish with others, our dates may be more loving mates...in a more loving and peaceful world.