Yes, the book i mentioned back on page 1-- the one printed in 1769-- the auther premise was that art work illustrated on classic greek urn, used hand gestures-- and the people of naples -- greek for new city-- still used the same hand gestures. So some of them are old-- and "biting your thumb" I know, and have use that one.

I realize i use very few hand gestures now in commuication-- but i used many when i was younger, living in the bronx, and often communicating with people who did not have english as first language. I could read and use many italian gestures-- I interacted more with italians (some are cousins, and in school) I know few yidish or jewish hand gestures-- since i had less personal contact. While my mother had jewish friends, most of my friendships were formed from schoolmates, and i went to a catholic school. (my defination of friend here would be someone not only welcome in your house, but familiar enough to help themselves to a "cuppa"-- and would know where the tea, sugar and tea pot could be found) i would never use hand gestures with adults-- they would require formal treatment-- All of my parents friend were addressed as Mr. or Mrs., never by first name.