I think climategate fizzled because the majority of the major media outlets chose not to keep it alive. Nobody has been absolved of anything, really, except by lack of interest on the part of thousands of investigative reporters who only choose to investigate things that support their beliefs. Were the emails forgeries? Did they not say what we all read in them?

Nobody knows what's causing atmospheric temperatures to rise. They've identified a few suspects, like the CO2 from our cars and trucks. Yet, somebody figured out that the recent eruption of the unpronouncable volcano in Iceland released more CO2 than all the internal combustion engines ever built.

Speaking of Iceland, perhaps the CO2 belching from their longships was what warmed the world of the Vikings enough to allow them to settle and prosper on the shores of Greenland a thousand years ago.

Somebody noted that Long Island is a [terminal] glacial moraine. Ten or so thousand years ago, native Americans could see a wall of ice a mile high at the Island's north shore. I don't believe that Shinnecock SUVs made that melt all the way back to the arctic ice cap.

This issue is most definitely a matter of politics. People like myself don't deny that the temperature is changing; we simply don't believe that giving more money to the government and allowing them to curtail our liberty will make the temperature stop changing.

Last edited by beck123; 08/11/10 12:27 AM.

"I don't know which is worse: ignorance or apathy. And, frankly, I don't care." - Anonymous