When I first caught sight of this week's theme, I was overjoyed. I'm currently working on something called The Poop Project: A Cultural Movement (thepoopproject.wordpress.com). Our goal is to create "poop positive" spaces by initiating public conversations about our often private business. In most modern cultures, poop is either invisible or euphemistically glazed over under the generalized, unclean heading of "dirt" (as the weekly subject of "Dirty Words" confirms). In fact, linguist Steven Pinker in his book The Stuff of Thought notes that: "When it comes to the referents of taboo terms, the English language has gone overboard with specialization, and fails to provide us with neutral terms for casual conversation." Which is to say that, if we want to talk about poop, we're forced to utilize words that are taboo, mildly dysphemistic, euphemistic, formal, childish or medical, leaving us linguistically barren of any casual, conversational terms that could, for example, be used on the news. So thank you, Anu Garg, for bringing this topic out of the water closet. I encourage you to join the movement, and help us in redefining this most basic bodily function for a healthier, more enlightened future.