here are the geneses of the def'ns, votes for each, and some passing thoughts..

a) that part of a mast remaining when the rest of the mast breaks off; the "gafty" must be removed before a new mast can be installed [Luke] doc_comfort

b) sly; tricky; cunning; not to be trusted; mischievous [Joseph Wright’s Eng. Dial. Dict.] olly, Jackie

c) [fr. Gaelic] a gift [Jackie] BranShea

d) a person who is well known for not thinking before blurting out comments [olly]

e) the point at which the bowsprit attaches to the stem of a ship-of-the-line [Faldage] Luke, ASp

f) indicating a tendency to make mistakes; clumsy [BranShea] jenny, Buffalo etaoin

g) an arrow-like projectile, hurled by a throwing-stick; used by natives of pre-historic Scotland [wofa] Owlbow, Coffeebean

h) [fr. gaffer, a glass blower] characterized by irregular thickness, as of blown glass [ASp] Faldage

i) etravagantly embroidered trim for curtains and clothing; a style of rickrack with a more elaborate design [Owlbow] wofa

j) slang : that which has been stolen, as by grifters [tsuwm]
____

Notes:
• votes were widely dispersed, but..
• tsuwm and olly are still waiting for a vote, but
• olly found the real def’n, along with Jackie.
• thus, I can’t find a winner this time and I’ll just declare tsuwm to be the loser!
• also, I received the usual disclaimer from Faldage, disclaiming any collusion between himself and AnnaStrophic (see e. and h.)

the hogmaster™