wow, I see you have a dog.

Acshully, "Pearl," a 13-year-old, Bichon Frise, allows me to co-habit with her, if I behave myself, open doors when required, take rides with the window down to an appropriate level for sight-sniffing, provide food to her liking, keep all her four foam-filled fleece beds fluffed, and drop everything when massages and scratchings are required.
In my lifetime I have been provider to : Irish, Gordon and English setters, a Doberman Pinscher, a Dalmation, three French poodles (two minis and one standard,) a standard Collie,three Mixed Breeds, a hairless Chinese Crested and now, Pearl. I also had three brothers who would ask me to "mind" thier dogs "awhile." (Yeah, right!)
Oh, and I have "minded" the odd cat now and then, too, while friends were on vacation. Very odd cats : they all liked to play with dogs!
Even with the Vet bills, cost of shots, licensing, grooming, medicines, extra housework, etc. etc. I wouldn't have missed the love, friendship and protection each one of them has given in return.
wow