Pseudointellectual as both an adjective and noun.
Lying.
Propaganda.

Mistakes can be intentional or accidental. Some people will do or say anything to get their way. Accidental mistake can be simple or gross. Gross mistakes are often the result of calculated or willful ignorance.

You might look up the word agnotology. It's not what you're asking about, but you should find it interesting.

William James wrote that "most people think they're thinking when really all they're doing is rearranging their prejudices."

Most people think they are being logical when they aren't. Logic is a lot easier to talk about than it is to employ. Logic is trivial - for computers. For humans, not so much. (Search on: THOG LOGIC TEST WASON.) That's the just what we might call the pure logic part. A huge part of the problem of logical reasoning is what I call translation and what philosophers call semantics. Humans are better at it, but still pretty feeble.

I imagine most people are convinced that their own reasoning determines what is logical and what isn't. It's logical, because that's the way I think about it.