"noun: (computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list"

Interesting. The discussion may be too technical for this forum, but I don't immediately recall ever having heard or read it used quite this way; that is, as an "instruction."

In the verb form, we can refer to instructions that perform a link. But the code itself ... I can't say it's not done, only that I don't recall hearing it used that way. (No particular reason why they shouldn't, I guess.) When we're talking about code or instructions that perform a link, we refer to a "linkage."

In the usage I'm familiar with, a "link" is not an instruction, but might be part of an instruction. It's an address that might be an operand to an instruction.

I'm wondering if maybe that other usage might be a peculiarity of assembly language programmers. I've done a bit of that, but it's never been a big part of my job.

All this being said, if you used the term like that with a little context, I think most programmer types would follow what you were saying.