Originally Posted By: BranShea
Originally Posted By: latishya
Originally Posted By: BranShea
[quote=doc_comfort]
Does anyone have a word for that sensation you get when you realise you're better at something than the person who is teaching you, but you don't want them to know because your concerned it will hurt them?
embarrassment?

About thinking in a different language; it does not really change much to your thinking.
Or make you understand the different culture any better. It works automatically,unconsiously.

Originally Posted By: latishya
Perhaps I misunderstood them but the difference between what they said and what you said seems significant.
If you read once more what I wrote in my post, you see I answered to doc_'s question and only to the thinking in a different language part of doc's post. I did not mention anyting about the study of it. The mind-opening part in that being obvious and the real joy of it. It adds a lot to the understanding of different cultures. Thinking in a different language does not add anything to that.
That was my statement if I may call it so.
You drew conclusions from what I said not.

Thank you for the clarification. In the post of yours I replied to you there were no quote indicators and I did not know about doc comfort's post. It was a misunderstanding by me and an example of why I always quote any post I refer to so that the source is clear.