(Yes, it is I. I haven't died. Been involved with first one thing and then several more, but I intend to be all the way back here {instead of just coming for PMs} asap.)

Anyway: last Wednesday night, our director started playing the piano, and as she played the opening bars she announced that the piece was by André Crouch. But what my friend next to me and I "heard" was: this is by (an) onery grouch. We laughed so hard the director stopped playing to ask us what was the matter; my friend had to say: I had tears streaming!

Tonight, when she asked if anyone had any questions, I raised my hand and said that I thought the sopranos had sung A, A, G instead of A, G, G as it was written. Well, where I had meant the notes, the guys apparently thought I had referred to a word, because I suddenly started hearing all these growly aaaaaaaggs and agggggggggs from the back row! (Yeah, that one was more where you kind of had to be there, but the misunderstanding--to say nothing of the growls--was funny.)