Many thanks, Stales, for the clarification thus far. I've enjoyed the voyage up the garden path, and, being one who rarely sees the forrest for the trees, I didn't see the path for the rocks on it--or minerals in it...trying to be a passing student here.

So: Is gold, then, the heaviest mineral? Or is it Iridium (outweighing gold), even though Iridium pals up with other minerals? (I'm not trying to be dense as Iridium here.) And Evenkite is the lightest? If anything, it's been fun having my consciousness raised at least to recognizing what SG means, should I read it again, and understanding its meaning.

Heh! What's the Rock of Gibraltar composed of??? And the Blarney Stone??? I'll come back tomorrow and post a link to a terrific rock study that's going on in New York. Very impressive work they're getting out of those New Yorkers.

Best regards,
DubDub

P.S. Mebbe somebody could waterproof Evenkite with a substance that has an SG less than 1.0. You never know when there may be a need for floating Evenkite. Or change its physical structure so it'll float. Alert scientific minds can see though to future applications.... Evenkite Jet Skiis... used for strictly scientific research.