Originally Posted By: twosleepy
a president who found it nearly impossible to extemporaneously put together a coherent sentence that did not contradict itself. It truly made me cringe at times.

ahh but you mustn't misunderestimate the man! grin

Seriously though, and this is not a political comment, but a comment on the mass media, George Bush is not an intellectual pygmy, despite his various gaffs. This is an unbiased view. I am no fan of his administration, which I think will be judged by history as one of the worst ever, and if I were an American would not have voted for him, so it's not a case of being pro-Republican in saying this, but of being fair to the man. I think he has had a raw deal by the mass media, who have put him in the box labelled "buffoon" and edited their footage accordingly. The facts speak otherwise - he reads widely, has a higher than average IQ, and by many accounts from those who have met him is a charming and likeable man. Perhaps he really is dyslexic, since many of his speech errors appear to be typical of reading words or letters in the wrong order. And he did make some real blunders. But the TV media and press could make the most intelligent man in the world look like a moron if they put their mind to it and thought it would sell advertising.