I for one am impressed by Anu's scholarship but if he runs the site he has the privilege of posting whatever he wants

In this connection it's pertinent to note that WS is probably the most liberal site of its kind and I say this advisedly because I've been banned from others, sometimes for the most innocent infraction

For instance I was thrown off one for using the terms "Muslim" and "George Bush" in the same sentence though with a bit of pejorative slant. At another where I had been dragged over the coals for injecting slight political implications such as Anu is criticized for, I prefaced my last post with an invitation to Admin that if it didn't meet their protocol I would understand if they deleted it; but instead in a fit of overreaction I was banned altogether

I must admit however that with the former I was on probation and was allowed to rejoin after 3 only months. From another I was dispatched for six years. Once a year I'd email their Admin asking if I might be reinstated, pointing out that even murderers get paroled, but with no response. Finally I was allowed to rejoin but after 10 posts somehow I evidently embarrassed their Admin once more, was accused of "trolling" and once again banned--presumably for another six years

For one reason or another, though, I've been repeatedly and royally castigated here on WS (once for not using a period at the end of a paragraph) without getting utterly rejected and so want to convey my thanks to whomever's in charge for his/her forbearance

Another pertinent observation: a typical site of this kind has 25 rules of protocol and they're all different. For instance, at one you mustn't make reference to another but it's ok to provide a link; at another but it's ok to name it but you mustn't provide a link. At a third it's ok to post both so long as you don't make unfavorable comparisons

At still another a post dealing with some aspect of language but with slight political implications, even though some of these implications contradict one another and were meant only as examples of the topic under consideration, even though these aspects of the thread are obvious, they must be spelled out as if the other participants are all illiterate

Thus if you subscribe to 25 such sites you have to remember and faithfully observe 625 different rules. In short, the typical Internet Web Site [present company excepted] attracts many common folk and especially Admin types of a sort judgmental, autocratic, disdainful, imperative, magisterial, officious, peremptory, supercilious; in short, Power Freaks

So my heartfelt deferences to Anu for all his work and for his infinite tolerance
of trollers like me

dalehileman