I understand the need to protect the forums from degenerating into endless arguments about religions and politics, etc, and agree with the idea of generally steering clear of overt promotion of religious positions. We are here primarily to discuss words.

However, I would argue that it's not possible to have an absolute ban on ever discussing anything religious since that would cut out discussion of a large part of the English language (and other languages living and dead that we also talk about). Many words and their etymologies are intrinsically religious, or occur in a philosophical setting that may legitimately involve talking about historical beliefs, etc. Religious talk in context should be allowed, in my opinion. Same goes for politics. You can't talk about the language of classic pieces of literature like the Gettysburg Address, or the Declaration of Independence, for example, without mentioning the religion and politics expressed in those documents. But it becomes obvious when a discussion has moved on to become merely a stoush between Republicans and Democrats or Atheists and Theists. It's just a matter of using common sense and tact.