Admin: This post not directly language or words so feel free to relegate it to the appropriate forum if needbe

Well I finally caved in and ditched my PC for a Mac. My first impression: Mac is of course immune to viruses, while in some applications execution time is indeed faster. However, more keystrokes seem to be required for almost any task

For example, in the PC all personal taskbar editing macros in Word (that is, ones you add yourself such as Delete word, Change case, Spacebar, Backspace, Return, etc etc etc) are transferred automatically to Outlook for use editing email and the like. However, in Mac only the standard set (BIUT, align left, center, etc) are available in Entourage (Mac's version of Outlook)

Thus for the typical clod (me) editing a lengthy email in Entourage requires at least twice if not five times as many keystrokes with of course continual resort to the keyboard; whereas using Outlook you could lean back, doing much of the editing using your mouse with a single click

Of course you can always write all your letters in Word, then send or cut-paste them to Entourage. But this process excessively complicates the process as often it would be necessary to shift a draft back and forth between the two programs

I am sure there's a way to transfer those personal macros from Word to Entourage but it's no doubt a comparatively involved process and even my highly-remunerated aerospace IT offspring is unable to do it. Thus all comments appreciated, especially helpful ones--thanks most kindly

dalehileman