Dunno if (m)any people noticed, but I haven't been around much lately, but I thought I'd put why. The main reason has been that my daughter got married last week. Plus, last week, a good friend had to have a kidney removed due to cancer; he seems to be doing fine now, though.
Yesterday I took my ten-year-old car to the dealership (yeah, I know, but our regular mechanic's shop doesn't have the tools to get into the transmission); they called this afternoon and told me the repairs will cost $5000. (Actually, $4935.18.) So I paid for the diagnostics and drove it back home. It does run, if imperfectly, and the brakes do stop the vehicle despite the fact that the ABS no longer works.
When I got home, I sat down here at my computer for some needed relaxation...and found an e-mail from my special cousin, the closest thing I have to a brother and the one whom I named my son after, saying he'd had surgery for prostate cancer over the weekend. I promptly called him and we had a nice long chat, and, although he had some other difficult news to relate, he himself is doing well.
However, our new pastor made Bible Study quite interesting this evening, and as always, choir practice was fun. So I am kind of...shellshocked, I guess; but overall think I might be able to catch my breath over the next few days. I hope.