Must the word or usage be of recent origin, or can it merely be new to the reader?

New to the reader, most assuredly!

my suggestion (which I think is implied) would be for anyone that wants to grab one of these words for discussion should open a new thread.

I guess; but if there were a Sticky Thread for it, I know I'd cruise it for tasty titbits.

Let's say Poster B stumbles across a strange word, looks it up, reads with pleasure its unexpected definition. He decides to post it in the Hall of Fame. While doing so, he discovers another four, five, six weird and wonderful new words.

It would be, in other words, a kind of word pool. John Doe, who might not feel justified in devoting a whole new thread to his cryptomnesia ("Eh? How about this word?") would certainly be comfortable popping it into an existing Sticky.

Obviously, this idea would never work with any old Internet community (you can just imagine the uncontrollable pullulation of five-penny words like, "genuflect", and, "interregnum" and, "pullulation") but with a bunch of Word Mavens like yourselves...

But just a suggestion.