>Do you have a reference in a medical dictionary?

it's supposedly in Dorland (1947), although I don't have access.

I did find this recent usage, from The Times, Apr 24, 2006

China can bring on serious bouts of kalopsia in otherwise intelligent observers, but this visit [sc. Hu's] was significant because it was mundane.

which, incidentally, generated the following response:

Finally Barry Hyman sends a demand from Hertfordshire: "Now just stop it! After 40 years of reading The Times (with only a small break during your strike) I've become used, bowing to your intellectual superiority, to having my Chambers Dictionary alongside for the occasional odd word you use that I do not know. But 'kalopsia', for heaven's sake (leading article, Monday)? Even Chambers didn't have that. Googling brings up a site called 'Worthless word for today' which tells me that it means 'the delusion that things are more beautiful than they really are'.

Enough already, unless there is a word for 'the determination to humiliate one's dedicated readers'." There is, Mr Hyman, and we use it daily in the office, chuckling all the while. Anyway, I wager that from now on you'll be using kalopsia yourself - although you've made us reach for our dictionaries again, just to make sure.

{man, I got a mention in The Times, and they got it wrong!}