tsu: my apologies as I misread your post. However, most of the ones I watch actually come on here (in La-La Land) simultaneously (7P) and to my knowledge very few except the very earliest are delayed then rebroadcast later (for which I'm grateful as I'm often asleep at 10P) and that's why I had always been puzzled as to why the New Yorkers considered C so much more important than P

Nonetheless when I presented your first post to Laverne, who you must know is far more perceptive than I, she instantly replied "Well, he (tsu) is wrong." In her opinion (and mine), at least, the implication of which you speak would in most cases be invalid. When I pointed out that it might be applicable for those dinnertime broadcasts actually retransmitted later, she responded, "Well it's still wrong because some of them aren't delayed three hours but only one or two, wherever Dish finds a suitable opening"

Thus if we are right, my original question stands; while as Myr suggests, the problem is even more complex, involved, and confusing than even I had imagined. However, I shall forward a link to my grownup sons and to a couple of engineers of my acquaintance--all of whom are smarter than either Laverne or I--and who may shed further light upon the discussion

dalehileman