Back on topic, zmjezhd, which of these, in plain English, is your contention:

A) People often seek a single word when sometimes a nominal phrase is necessary. For example, there is no single word for post-traumatic stress disorder.

This is closest to cover part of what I was saying. It is a simple fact of the English language that there are many commonly discussed concepts which are not expressible with a single word. As in your example a compound might need to be used. There is no single word (that I know of) for a red giant variable star. Take the mock serious paraskavedekatriaphobia, please. Why would some prefer this monstrous Greek compound to plain old English fear of Friday the Thirteenth?

B) People often seek words for things instead of just describing them. This is annoying (insert alternative adjective if necessary).

No. If there is a word ask for it or look it up. I am not stating that using periphrasis is necessary. Though referring to one's manager in conversation with a colleague as the pointy-haired boss (or PHB) may be preferable in certain contexts.

C) Other. (Please explain).

Part of what I have noticed over the years is that sometimes somebody seeks the right word for a certain situation (cf. the other recent thread about a suitable translation of the German verb pendeln), and other times they just want a (possibly learnèd) word for a concept covered by a compound or otherwise descriptive phrase. In the latter case, these folks are sometimes annoyed if a single word cannot be found. I wish for neither of these activities to be proscribed.

Now for the tougher interpersonal relationship stuff. There was something obviously annoying (use another adjective if deemed preferable) about my opening this thread. That's fine with me. Over the years, I've noticed that people tend to disagree with one another. As I said, the board's big enough to accommodate us plus a host of others. If you disagree with me, tell me, but leave out the whole "I more enthusiastic about words than thou" attitude. Anybody who has a passing acquaintance with me knows I'm pretty enthusiastic about words and the rest of the language, too. It seems that something about my nonce word, grailling, set you off, and something about your sole proprietorship of word enthusiasm annoyed me, too.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.