I too have had problems but because I'm just a "stranger" I chalked it up to my inexperience. I subscribed one day and got my WAD the next, then did not get the next day's issue, re-subscribed and was good for only one day again. I registered for this forum, entered some basic profile info (including new password), made my meager posts, got some public and private responses, then found I did not get the next WAD. Username was still recognized although not my password, got new password sent, re-edited profile info (felt more comfortable to reveal more), checked FAQ's about non-receipt of WAD, queried my ISP and they do not block anything. Then I tried to resubscribe only to have the robot reject my request (Hmmm, you already exist here etc.) I next sent a note to postmaster@wordsmith and got a less than stunning reply that only answered about half of my query. I did get the WAD this morning and have had no trouble with the login to this forum so I'll just wait and see. Maybe too many people like me joined after seeing the article in Smithsonian and Anu and company are just swamped but I agree it's too hard to follow where and what one is about without some continuity. If the erratic operation continues I will definitely lose interest, there is just not enough time available to repeatedly follow all the Mickey Mouse. regards to anyone interested.

spelchkr sbn