I was an electronics engineer in the days before the Web but if I described one of my inventions, eg a single pnp- or npn transistor frequency divider containing no bistable circuitry but depending on the time constant in the base circuitry depending on the base-emitter junction charging the coupling capacitor between the occurrence of subsequent pulses and thus providing a bias to as to prevent a fixed number of subsequent subsequent occurrences from appearing at the collector; you wouldn't know what I was talking about

But, the difference between you and me is that if I asked somebody who was an electrical engineer what the difference between a resistor and capacitor was, and she took the time to describe it to me in pretty much plain old English, I would not subsequently tell her, no, you've got it wrong, you see, though I don't really know what the difference is, and I know this because my grandson the electrical engineer told me something a couple of years ago about Leyden jars which I cannot remember at the moment, but I'm sure it contradicted what you said. You see: I would try to understand what she wrote. Then, I'd follow up by going to a reference work of some sort and reading up about it, and see if I understood what the difference was, and go back and look at what she wrote to see if I could understand what she was talking about, but that's just what I'd do.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.