Oh i don't know-- It never occurred to me that Jo wouldn't have closets to hang her clothes in, and if i understand her right, she live in what i call a row house-- or a town house (town house being an upscale row home)-- I know the word terrace-- but its not a way to define a house. and Spart didn't know about cellars-- and Byb has vestibules in his house-- i have a foyer. again, not that i don't know the word-- but never use it in the same sense.

and while McMansion is a local term--other's identified with the large, large ornate house on a small lot that has become all to common in US--

but i think Brownstone are unique to NY (original elegant town houses, with a facade of Brown sand stone. From 15 feet to 30 wide in front-- 4 to 5 floors-- the lowest being about 4 foot below grade) in some ways similar to the terraces that Jo defined--(i think of the "bellamy's" house in the series upstairs/downstairs only brown, not white)) but some have been cut up into 2, 3, 4 or 5 "flats"or apartments-- each one floor of what was original a 1 family house-- and "painted ladies" the elegant ornately painted houses of San Fran. are unique--

we all live in houses-- and many "look" the same-- but what we call them differs. I wonder if Avy would recognize what i call a "bungalow". she would, of course realize its a house, (not an office or a factory) but would she think it looked like what she calls a bungalow?

and I never use "cutlery"-- I use flatware.