>a living room, family room, parlor, sitting room or front room

All of these, except parlour (although some Georgian/Victorian/Edwardian houses may use the name). Others: Lounge is used a lot, drawing room (up-market).

The bigger Victorian Edinburgh houses tend to have a drawing room/lounge with a large bay window on the first floor and another room, usually used as a family room (with TV and old(er)/less grand sofas etc) on the ground floor.

I don't see many dens or entertainment rooms but some people use a room which should be a bedroom as a den. Studies, on the other hand, are common and may double as a spare bedroom.

I might be too old to know anyone with a garganuan entertainment system. One of my neighbours had a room with a home cinema but I don't know what he calls it (he's never invited anyone in!)

>The room housing the cooking is the kitchen. A room used for formal dining is the dining room

Same

>The room used for ablutions is the bathroom, even when it doesn't contain a bathtub.

Not usually. A bathroom has a bath. (A public toilet is never called a bathroom, as previously discussed)
A shower room has a shower (although some people still call it a bathroom).
A "downstairs loo" or "cloakroom" is a separate toilet (loo to many of my generation) with a wash-hand baisin and maybe a place to hang coats.

>while a room used for everyday eating is the eating area or breakfast nook
Never a nook. Possibly a breakast room (older houses have them) more likely a family room or just part of a large kitchen.

>The area adjacent to the front entry, used to receive guests, is the entry, entry hall, hall, front hall or foyer.

Never front entry. Older terrace houses with yards (concrete flat area at back of house), have an "entry" but I think that is the path that runs along the back of the houses (Rubarb Commando will know). I heard Paul Daniels (TV Magician) say that he had a "vestibule" which is another name heard little, these days. A theatre would have a foyer but I don't think a house would have one.

>Other rooms include sun rooms, sewing rooms, and laundry rooms. We have a garden room, so called only because it is adjacent to a walled-in garden area.

A laundry room tends to be called a "untility room". SOme of the others are used.

Conservatories are often built onto the backs of houses.

>Outdoor areas include porches, porticos, stoops, verandahs, piazzas and decks.

I'd never heard of a "stoop" until it was discussed in a previous posts. We'd only see a piazza in a public place, a solid paved area would be a patio. Decks are not native but are finding their way into gardens. Pergolas, are wooden posts with a bit of cross bracing, built for plants to grow up.