Originally Posted By: BranShea
To me the obscure word is ron obvious.What does that mean? I can see tswum often uses it, but is this an AWAD jargon word?

If the Artist must explain his Art then the Artist has not Artisted.

Oh I do hate it so when I have to explain what I so laborously wrote the first time but damnit BranShea, for you, anything.

The meaning of ron obvious

To me a joy of Awad is the quick exchange of Ideas. But some Ideas are complex and not easily condensed to a length likely to be read by Awaders so I try to indoctrinate the reader by using friendly parallels in readable stories. This method often fails because writing so tightly is tedious and soon I bore myself, and when I'm bored I like to play with language.

No doubt the skits of Monty Python are spicy but I've never been a big fan. Instead my nonce use of the term ron obvious was inspired by tsuwm. I was looking for a word to qualify "obvious",meaning "really obvious but only after putting together facts"...you know, like tsum's persona as Ron Obvious...say, that's it! - a ron obvious state of events.

The meaning of my story about the meaning of words and Art.

Stop me when you disagree.

(1) Language and Art are both forms of communication.
(2) Communication is only communication when information is transfered from one entity to another.
(3) A diamond never seen is not a thing of beauty.
(4)Words and thoughts have meaning only when they interact physically with the thoughts and words and actions of others.

The three examples of Art that I analoged in my story are...

(a) The boy finds beauty in flowers only when his budding sexuality forces him to isolate for practical gain the visual pleasure of the varied symmetry and color of flowers from the enviorment-at-large.

(b)The girl finds no beauty in the boy's world of structual beauty even after spacial relationships are explained. But still she pretends to see them. For social and biological reasons she lies.

(c) True Art is found when the boy and girl both see the beauty of the antelope in the clearing and then act without words in the beauty of the hunt.

In summary

Language and Art are largely antithetical; yet both delimit reality and both are extractions from a oneness that is. Yes, but both bring great pleasure to our lives so bland.

And yet, neither one should be taken seriously unless you just want to follow false gods.

Last edited by themilum; 10/13/07 04:17 AM.