Serious answer. I don't think that art and language are completely functioning at a shared level, at least, they didn't till recently, when concepts (ideas, thoughts, words) started to take over the visual message/communication.

I started close to home (art) because the text I quoted in the small fonts irritated me as a cheaty jargon that in other fields of culture (largely taken) also exists. I feel the same irritation when I read job advertisements, specially in the manager, consultancy, financial controller world. Or when I read (in a dutch newspaper): "innovation manager" or "trendwatcher", "human resources manager".
There are surely many more of those doubtful professions, all with a different jargon. Classy words, but laying a smoke screen over real meanings, meant to impress and not serving but blocking communication. People in jobs, called employees are intimidated or decieved by their manager's words.(friends,relations)
I started from art because here the cheat is often so obvious.
(and very costly)

Which brings me to your inspired Cro-magnon allegory. To me the obscure word is ron obvious.What does that mean? I can see tswum often uses it, but is this an AWAD jargon word? I did not really get that.

That's all.

>>Zed:sesquipidialsm :)<<

Last edited by BranShea; 10/12/07 09:53 PM.