Fine poem, olly, and a deep bow to your splendid sister Ana too.

Butasforyou, AnnaStrophic, let me tell you a story...

I love wordwebs as I love spiderwebs; both can be works of art.
But sometimes a weave of words like a weave of spiderwebs can have an ulterior design that ultimately bites, so as a lover of the two artforms I have learned to be careful.

But asforme, I hate "nonce" art and have come to use a certain technique that freezes the beauty of spiderwebs beyond their season, as follows...

Armed with a can of spray paint and a 12" square of ceramic floor tile I creep through brush and wood until I find a perfect spiderweb glistening glossily in the weak morning sun. Then carefully. slowly, I sneak up on the web and, in a sudden, I spray the web with spray paint. This usually makes the bitch spider mad (like female dogs female spiders are called bitches) and so she usuallly drops down on an excape line to avoid being sprayed.

Now I must hurry. Quickly, but gently, I press the ceramic tile against the paint-wet web and nip the guide lines that support the web face in space. Then quickly I snip the excape line to keep the bitch from climbing back up to the web. This is important because she will maliciously rip up her own labourously constructed web just for spite if she can. After all, the only reason she built her beautiful web was to bite somebody or something (some beautifully crafted wordwebs are set in the same manner).

Then, with luck, I will end up with a one-of-kind spacial painting in three dimension and in fix forever on a ceramic tile that I can display and impress my crafty, artsy, slow witted friends.

Last edited by themilum; 09/13/07 04:46 AM.