The problem with the whole take on pedantry, as I have been experiencing it, is that the one half who call another a pedant with negative connotations do so because they either have not employed themselves to study, or have not the understanding to be one themselves, or at least respect the studious kind for their understanding. The other half, where I might put myself, are irritated by those who do not understand. If there is a feud, it is because the one half does not understand and the other half is not understood. Slang is sluggish; because the world calls one's anniversary their birthday does not make me a obnoxious for correcting. They are wrong; it is not difficult to call it what it simply is: one's anniversary. Maybe the hatred of pedantry spawns from the growing characteristic of being lazy and stupid. My mother constantly yells at me when I tell her double negatives are horrid. If she knew the word, she might call me a pedant. "You know what I mean, all the same. Just shut up!" I usually hear more for telling her why superfluous prepositions are worse. Eh... I will be hated, but I will be correct. And the pure joy of being servile to truth might deem me an artist, a lonely one it seems, but I cannot reason to do otherwise.

"Truth is the only master to serve. Serve her and damn the multitude!"

Am I mad?