Originally Posted By: Nanu Nanu

Are you saying that you believe the greatest function of language is for group-protection ("continuance") and/or sexual relations ("the breeding group") ?

No, Nanu Nanu, I'm saying that the ONLY function of language is in the abetment of procreation in the language group.

You said the advantage of language is "only" in communication which promotes those two activities. Is that what you meant to say, or am I misunderstanding? I hope there are other advantages to using language.

Nay, nay, Nanu Nanu. "Continuance" and "sexual activity" in humans are intimately related, but "lies" as such don't exist in the context of language except as instruments for projecting the language group through time. For example; the "lies" of religions and cultures succeed when they stimulate the collective will to live and obviously have negative effects when they don't.

Anyway, sea-slugs and coral continue and breed with what seems to my untrained eyes to be a total absence of good grammar and rich vocabulary.

No one I know, Nanu Nanu, has ever accused the corals and the sea slugs of having good manners. And if we humans can refrain from blowing up Earth it will be us who saves these poorly bred creatures from the Comet.

Last edited by themilum; 06/22/07 11:54 PM.