you can think as you will. (just as dale can think as he wants.)

and no, i don't use the same yarn.

sometimes i work in silk, or alpaca, or blends of silk and alpaca.
some times i work with wools, or wool blends
sometimes i use 'red heart' the cheapest acyrilic yarn there is.

i am not an elitist, nor am a snob about yarn. i use all kinds of yarn, and trust others to use what ever yarn they want, when ever they want.
i am not a snob about words, or people, either.

the 'type 1, type 2, type 3' is about snobism. it is about the USER as much about the word.

he "suggests" that types be used "judiciously" (and he is happy to appoint himself the judge!)and he wants type 2 words to be promulgated--which seems to mean, the world should limit itself to generally only using words DALE knows and is comfortable using.

this includes, no doubt, "bill gates" as a word that defines everything DALE doesn't like or understand about computer technology, be it hard ware or software related! (it is such a simple word--it is defined by DALE's knowledge and personal tastes, and EVERYONE should agree!)

(wait, to understand and use it properly, i have to spend the next few years learning Dale's limits and knowledge and personal feelings to know when it is (or isn't) appropriate to describe a problem as a bill gates--there isn't a dictionary big enough to define it in mere words!)

well, if you want to let others make your decisions for you, go right ahead. I decide things for myself, and i reject the notion of "types" when it comes to words. I also reject bill gates as valid, useful word.

(dale can continue to use, and will, but it only has meaning to him. he can create a whole language for that matter if he wants. but i don't have to learn it or use it.

i don't see much use to words or a language that is so idiocentric.

(and i don't see a lot of support for the idea here, or else where) You are free to be boswell to his johnson, but i think that is a real way to blow your life. )