1. I had no idea that there was any definition of puggle other than the echidna one at the time I started this round. I also freely admit that I didn't bother to check.

2. Puggle according to the citation you provided can mean a pug crossed with a beagle. Both Betsy's submission and the original from Connie suggested a cross between a pug and a poodle. Since I hade no idea this was so close to a "real" world I accepted Betsy's and asked Connie to submit another, telling her that I had in hand a definition too close to hers but not whether the defintion in hand was the real or a fake one.

3. Themilum submitted (and voted for) M, which I think is quite far away from the definition in your WWFTD column, which I did not know of prior to your pointing it out to me in a PM.

4. I've learned my lesson, though. I'll leave the hogwash game to the experts. I think this is the first time a hogmaster has been publicly admonished about the round even before the round was over. I didn't like the feeling.

TEd