" Omnivorous giant termite Home Sapiens gnaws on" was the announcement of a BBC - world program today about the rapid transformation from what is left of the Brazilian rainforests to soybean fields. After the wood chopping for the sake of hard wood use seemed to be under control this new attack on the 'lungs' of the world . In its trail the whole hanging matter of global warming was discussed.

I mostly try to take this warming up thing not too serious and stil believe in the earth making its own defense and revenge.
But I was really shocked when I read some Japanese (Kyoto- treaty) thought it scientifically interesting to drill a hole all the way to the very center of the earth. What on earth? What possible use could this serve?( It pictures Home Sapiens clearer as a giant gnawer and poker ).

This little pink carnation on the side is taken on 01/05/07 outside on the window sill. It should not be there.
This is no winter flower. We have had winters without snow, but never winters with carnations.Not up this high.
Anyone else noticed something in his /her backyard that should not be there this time of the year?