Oh, and:

My No. 1 Son, a highly-paid IT, had helped me network to Laverne's machine so that I too could share Outlook’s purpose. He patiently explained how I would first have to boot her computer, but not before turning her modem on, else my Outlook wouldn’t recognize it. And only then should I energize my own machine, because if mine was already on, all hell might break loose

To further complicate things, if she then decides to use Outlook also, don’t sign off before she does else her e-mail capability is disabled (requiring her to save, shut down, reboot, etc. etc.). However, be sure she does not shut down before I do; else if I need to get back in and I reboot her machine, now my capability is disabled, (requiring me also to save, shut down, etc. etc. etc.)

In the meantime Bill has added another wrinkle, displaying error messages such as THIS SITE IS NOT AVAILABLE when you attempt to access the Internet, evidently owing to a Gates loop requiring a certain progression of power to your PC, modem, and wireless router

Understand, Bill is merely an avatar for for all this

You will thank me for this insight. Don't blame your server quite yet. His rep is kept busy 24/7 addressing troubles like yours

Your difficulty can be caused, for instance, by a momentary loss of power, your having invoked a contentious macro, or your inadvertently striking certain keys in rapid sequence. Typically the answer is very simple, do not call Verizon: Instead turn off your router, wait one full minute, then turn it back on. Now sit back for about ten minutes while your PC and router strike up a new agreement. Finally, try again getting into the Internet, when you will probably succeed

If not, only then call Verizon

Last edited by dalehileman; 01/07/07 05:52 PM.

dalehileman