As Faldage has stated, with 13858 total posts, he is still, by far, the most prolific poster on this board. I believe he once began posting a whole dictionary of odd words, yet I don't remember from where but I do remember it was during the afore mentioned *lean years.

One of the many PM's he sent me was this little ditty that I saved:

Dear Musick:start the morning off with an ancient joke.
It was told on radio new in early thirties. Oil was discovered on an Indian Reservation in Oklahoma. So the Indians were given a token settlement and moved. One chief got enough money to buy a jug of whiskey and a big red convertible. A couple hours later, he was brought to hospital, having wrecked the car. Reporters asked him what happened. "Buy jug whiskey. Buy big red car. Drive down road fast. Drink much whiskey. Bimeby big red bridge come down road. Me turn out let bridge go by. Boom! Here I am."

Most PM's from DrBill were either jokes, adult limericks or stories from his past... like this one:

Dear Musick: Back in the twenties and thirties there were quite a few collection of gags.
"as the monkey said: That runs into money as the monkey said when he pissed into the cash register". "It won't be long now, as the monkey said when he stuck his tail into the lawn mower."

When Llittle Audrey heard of the Virgin Islands, she laughed and laughted, because she knew the Marines had been there.

Millions of knock knocks. I was in movie Frankenstein. somebody who had already seen the movie, stayed for second showing, and just as the Monster was to come into the boudoir of scientist's bride, somebody pounded on metal paneled wall twice, just before the girl called out 'Who's there?' It got a good laugh.

There used to be dozens of that type of gag circulating.
Too bad nobody ever collected them. Bill

It seems DrBill did.

He knew I'd spent a couple of years in Boston and, as I believe he enjoyed being a story teller, this allowed him to make them more personally *real - for both of us. His stories reminded me a bit of my Dad's.

Dear Kevin,
Since you know the Arboretum, you might know that the State Public Health labs were there. I worked there a few years. The Hungarian graduate student was a fanatic about rifles. amd had a gorgeous Mannlicher-Schoenauer (quite out of keeping with his minimal income).Both rabbits and squirrels were destructive of experimental plants, so there were a half dozen .22 rifles, which graduate students were ordered to use on any rodent seen. The Hungarian shot a rabbit one night, and put it into a flowerpot tail first, so that when rigor mortis set in, it would maintain a sitting position. He put it at one end of a blind alley, and got one of the senior grad students to yell that he'd just seen a rabbit, and point to where it had gone. The eager beaver grabbed the .22s, and blazed away. When the went up to the now riddled rabbit, there was a sign around its neck: "Nice shooting, fellows!"

When I was in med school, BU had a 'medical district' to which Junior year students made house visits, including delivering pregnant women at home. I delivered one woman right close to front window looking out at Forest Hills elevated station platform. We had quite an interested group of spectators as I shaved her perineum, delivered the baby, took care of its umbilical cord. She said she didn't give a damn. None of those people knew her or would ever know her.

Incidentally, that station gave me the heebie-jeebies whenevery a train stopped, It would sway enough that if it caught you in mid-step you might take a tumble. *** (Insert this story's punchline here... I've edited it as I think Bill might have been embarrased... I'll PM it to anyone on request) Bill

I'll always have his words to remember.

Sincerely.

(ps - The stories below render my edit a bit... invisible!)

*** As the guy said about his fat girlfriend, it sagged but it didn't give.