Greetings to all of you who remember 'Dr. Bill'. My name is Gretel and I am Dr. Bill's granddaughter. I live in Toronto with my family. In the long years since he moved from New England to California I know that this forum provided him with a great deal of comfort and that he savoured the kind words and the able sparring partners, alike. At times when long gaps opened up between his email replies, I'd log into Wordsmith and 'eavesdrop' just to make sure he'd posted something recently - usually receiving my assurances that he was well enough to use the computer. His deafness and his unwillingness to embrace hearing technology has long isolated him from face to face conversation - and as the years have passed his eyesight has also gradually failed him to the point that he was no longer able to use the computer at all for the past year. Sadly, I fear that with the exception of a very few family members, you folks are the only ones with recent fond memories of Dr. Bill - so I thank you for thinking of him in his passing. I am planning to construct a tribute webpage with some photos and information about my grandfather. I'd like his passing to be marked - 90 years is a long time to spend on this planet - and he lived in some very interesting times. If anyone wishes to share anything for inclusion in this page, please contact me. Also, I noted that some of you were wondering where to send condolences. Two of his children were actively present in his life for the past several years and contributed to his care. I can provide a mailing address for Dr. Bill's namesake, my uncle, who is an airline pilot and flew to L.A. a number of times each month to visit him. Please contact me if you would like that. I'm afraid I do not have current contact for Dr. Bill's daughter who he lived with in California prior to being moved to a home. Perhaps Jackie has it? I will point my mother to this thread. She lives in Prince Edward Island and has not been able to visit her father since he moved to California - she will be moved to hear how he is remembered. I can be reached directly, off list at (gretelmoATmac.com).