For what it’s worth, some trivia emerging from my study of slang:

Complex (or complicated, knotty, involved, etc) is the only common English concept having no current slang synonym

Upside and downside (As in, “The upside is that the election is over; the downside is that Bush won.”) are the only slang expressions I have so far encountered for which there are no “correct” (or “pure”) English synonyms

There is no correct-English synonym for correct English (in other words, no correct-English antonym for slang)

Owing to time-honored political correctness there is no modern correct-English transitive synonym for dip (one’s) wick or stab in the purely male sense

"Penetrate" comes close but doesn't make the grade (no pun intended) because it doesn't entail the object nor the opening

"Know" and "bed" are hardly current (though the latter qualifies most closely)

"Cover" or "mount" might qualify at the outside though hardly specific to human intercourse

Unless, or course, I’m wrong. If you’re at all interested, please let me know if you can refute any of the above assertions

I'd be happy to fwd you a very pertinent link but protocol forbids me doing so here. I am dalehileman@verizon.net and I don't care who knows it

Thanks all -- Dale

Last edited by dalehileman; 12/17/06 06:27 PM.

dalehileman