>You weary me, DH. You exhaust me. I grow fatigued with you... I die. I expire.
>you find a phrase on the Urban Dictionary, and ask us whether we've heard it
>but what did I do that was wrong

I agree with Dale. What did he do to deserve this pretentious dressing-down?

I don't understand this exasperation. I think some of the words Dale has brought to the board's attention have been interesting. Certainly not exasperating. And anyway, if you're not interested, don't read his threads.

Don't worry Dale. I think they're just dissin' your Urban Dictionary for Geek-cred.

>most of the words/phrases that you find at the Urban Dictionary are going to be new, and untested

That's not my experience. But I guess you have been searching the Urban Dictionary for new, untested words, and been disturbed to discover they have an entry.

It reminds me of that story about a woman who took Dr. Johnson to task for recording "improper" words in his dictionary: He stopped in mock horror and said: "But madam, you have been looking for them!"

Or, if you have not, then this criticism is based on the words Dale has introduced to you; and in that case you would have us believe that his posts represent a comprehensive cross-section of all the words in the Urban Dictionary. You may be tempted to make the hyperbolic riposte that that is so, but your argument that "most of the words/phrases that you find at the Urban Dictionary are new and untested" remains indefensible.

Last edited by Hydra; 11/21/06 05:07 AM.