Myr: Sorry but my ancient, decrepit mind doesn't comprehend. When you reach my age you might experience the same kind of senior infirmity whreupon I will welcome you to the club

Meanwhile, since I have been roundly criticized from many quarters for its repeated use, I need a synonym for "algorithm," altogether missing in my Merriam Thesaurus, while neither Merriam nor Bill Gates recognizes "routine" as a methodical set of steps to accomplish a set goal. Perhaps this might make an interesting thread

When I explained to Laverne (who is much smarter than I) what an algorithm is, she was unable to think of a single synonym

No doubt if I spent the rest of the morning in St. Martin's Original Thesaurus I could find one better than "routine", but it's after all also behind the times, and as you know I am intellectually lazy in the extremre. Thus the hope that somebody might come up with a better one, saving me the trouble

--thanks all for helping out an old fart

Helen: Dreadfully sorry but I get mixed up. WC lets you to link to WS but not vice-versa and it's hard to keep track of all the decretums. Each board has about 25 rules and I subscribe to about 10 of them so I have to keep track of 250 injunctions. Goodness, as Rummy might say, can the issue be that crucial

But as I asked before, why does the WWW have to be such a hotbed of mutual hostility

Nonetheless I shall attempt to tow the line and endeavor to remember your diatribe. I am really a very fine fellow when you get to know me

Meanwhile any further followups on The Establishment welcome

Last edited by dalehileman; 11/06/06 05:45 PM.

dalehileman