Don't gripe about the grip of the grape, lusy, if it helps you grope toward the truth about the group.

I tend to agree with Jackie that new threads ought, perhaps, to be on a linguistic topic, but I do have to say that I find the excursions on which we are taken by so many of this glorious group of intellects are fascinating and (usually) worthwhile. I have learned so much about the culture and customs of other parts of the English-speaking world (and other parts as well, for that matter); learned so much about a variety of subjects of which I was totally ignorant and would not have thought to read up; and had so many belly laughs from the surreal sense of humour displayed here - including TEd's occasional (!!!!) puns. I would hate to see this disappear.

In addition, given the attractively anarchic organisation of this board, I don't think that any of these discussions will actually alter things very much. They do serve to remind us, from time to time, what business we are supposed to be engaged in, so are worthwhile - but I don't think the lengthy discussion on limiting the number of posts had any effect whatever - except, of course, to increase the number of posts
So keep it up, all of my friends out there - use private if it really is just between the two of you, but if you are indulging in a comic duo scene for our entertainment (now, who could I possibly be thinking of? ) then go ahead!!