Right on, as usual, Jackie.

I myself (to coin a well-worn phrase) have had more than a few problems keeping up lately, and my solution has been perforce simply to ignore threads that have outgrown their usefulness as far as I am concerned. And also to limit my attention to threads with less than 99 replies (the maximum that can be fitted on one page, and I am simply too impatient to wait for more than one page to load, even though it takes only about 10 seconds extra!) Too much to do, too little time! And, alas, I will never know what I am missing by doing these things!

Fair enough, there is quite a bit of waffle going on here from time to time, but as Ted sed (I think, without going back to look), hell, one can put up with quite a bit of that stuff because we are all friends here. The private messages suggestion is, I think, a good one. There certainly is a good deal of extraneous stuff I find myself having to wade through which could perhaps have better been the subject of private exchanges. And even if, as somebody (CapitalK?) pointed out, the private messages are not saved herein, so what? There is nothing stopping a fruitful exchange of views, comments, asides, etc. completely external to this board. So yes, let's get back to basics with AWADtalk—words, language and the rest of the business.

Good grief! lusy hasn't said this much in all of her previous postings put together (and could she be in the grip of the grape yet again?). But seriously folks, the problem of simply keeping up is a genuine and important one, and must surely be discouraging to many of our visitors and potential contributors.

lusy