So when I composed a reply to your criticism above, defending Bill Gates, had it in a final state of perfection, and attempted to submit it, I received an error message to the effect that I had omitted something. But when I attempted a return to my followup in order to correct the supposed omission, it had been summarily deleted in its entirety

Thus the Illuminati will recognize that I mean Bill as merely a symbol for everything that’s wrong with the Software World

Actually I admire Bill for his entrepreneurship and charitable works. However, he is by no means innocent in creating a Software World so disposed to the attack of evildoers as to require the average user to subscribe to countermeasures requiring regular updates by a team of experts, at significant cost; invest in hardware using selective signal processing...

...and last but not least, learn a litany of special rules (eg, yes, yes, you’ve done everything you can; but still don’t open email attachments; learn how to selectively reject cookies and be sure to regularly delete worthless temporary files lest they choke off your C:)...

...that the cynic is tempted to conclude that early on Bill must have surreptitiously acquired stock in Norton, Netscape, and other titans of the Antigarbage Industry

dalehileman