Tsuwmn, mea culpa, i have a head like a sieve, (or perhaps its like a colander) and once again, i have forgotten a rhetorical term.
–it’s the one for the process of saying or referring to thing, by "not referring" to them--as in "far be it from me to mention my opponent’s sexual escapades" (and so remind every one of the time the opponent was caught in an embarrassing position)

i've noticed its use here has increased, with the phrase
on a board which protocol forbids me to mention popping up in several threads of late.

i've noticed it partly because forbids--that word sticks me like a pin. i don't think things are forbidden here. (we ain't go no stinken rules) it's just, many behaviors, are generally agreed on, for a variety of reasons, to be, our norm.

Of course any one can learn our general accepted behaviors, and generally behave the same way, or they can ask us to change our behaviors.(or they can even flaunt or general rules--but there are consiquences, eventually)

have we changed? in the years i have posted here, i must say yes--in some parts i am sad about the changes, (we are more professional, less open and friendly) and will we continue to change--most definately! but what i don't think will change is: we don't change on demand, but as a slow evalution.