Why, thank you Jackie, I need a bit of encouragement from time to time. Let me see if I can address any of your issues:

"Let's see if I understand how the world works lately...

If a man cuts his finger off while slicing salami at work, he blames the restaurant."

After I had worked in my youth as a butcher's assistant, I was horrified to look back and realize how easy it would have been to lose a finger

Casual observers deride the woman who spilled the hot coffee in her lap then sued the drive-in. What the media didn't tell you, however, is that that particular extablishment had by that time received 700 complaints about the scalding beverage and had done nothing to correct it

"If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer, your family blames the tobacco company."

In fact they are blamed for covering up their knowledge of tobacco's effects and for that reason should have been sued if not put out of business

"If your neighbor crashes into a tree while driving home drunk, he blames the bartender."

The barkeep is required by law to quit serving a customer exhibiting symptoms of drunkedness

It's apparent that the drinker should be required to prove he's not in charge of a vehicle; and in any case, that any such establishment having a parking facility should be required to maintain means for converying a drinker home

"If your grandchildren are brats without manners, you blame television."

The Educational Establishment should institute liberal-arts discussions starting in first grade before they reach teenhood and it's too late), where issues of social behavior and morality could be discussed. It could be made clear to the kids that the behavior they see on TV is largely unacceptable. However, this will never happen on the watch of the Neocons and the Far-Right Evangelical faction

"If your friend is shot by a deranged madman, you blame the gun manufacturer."

No, I don't

"And if a crazed person breaks into the cockpit and tries to kill the pilot at 35,000 feet, and the passengers kill him instead, the mother of the crazed deceased blames the airline."

In fact after 9/11 I was appalled to learn (1) that the pilot doesn't have a gun, and (2) that it was so easy to get into a cockpit. To that extent the airlines can be blamed for masive incompetence and should be sued

"I must have lived too long to understand the world as it is anymore. So, if I die while my old, wrinkled backside is parked in front of this computer, I want all of you to blame Bill Gates...okay?"

Okay with me

Last edited by dalehileman; 06/05/06 03:27 PM.

dalehileman